Tuesday 9 July 2013

Evaluation

There were many positive aspects to my rigging and plotting sessions I was in charge off. I felt that I was prepared and had a good team to work with. For example they were able to follow the colour call I had made and cut out all the gells needed. My general cover worked very well as the two tones allowed the director to choose from different atmospheres. Also the colours that I had picked for my side light was good as it gave the director a lot of options to choose from in the plotting session. I also feel that because I kept the lighting design quite simple while adding in the specific elements that the directors wanted I was able to create a design that was flexible and was able to encompass all their needs for the different plays within the exam.

The only thing that I would re consider and would like to have done better was the time it took to rig all of the lights and what order I rigged the lights in. I thought it would be good to rig the lights in groups, e.g general wash, back light, sidelight however the technician recommended that if I work bar by bar I can take lights down that I can use later on instead of going back and forth in the rig. I there fore think it would be good if next time I were to look at the rig before the rigging session and work out what I can use already and what I need to move so that I have a clear idea of how it is going to work on the day. This I feel would have made the session a lot more efficient and it would have been less confusing for me. It would have also been important to be more than 2 steps ahead of what we were currently rigging as it would have made me feel more confident and sure of where I was and I would have been able to get lights ready in advance before they were going to be rigged.

No comments:

Post a Comment